Saturday, March 2, 2019

A book review ?

A book review.  Yes, as hard as that is for some of my friends to believe, I've read a book and I want to talk about it.
I feel so strongly about the message in Tess Vigeland's book, I had to take some time and write down my thoughts.

 Tess writes with a style of honesty and humor about a subject very close to all of us, on that treadmill we call a job.
  We might love our job, and could never think of leaving it.  I loved my job, but the job left me! Sort of like being divorced.
  If you have recently left a job for what ever reason.  You took a leap from it. Or you were set free from the job by no reason of your own making, I highly recommend you read Leap !  Leaving a job with no Plan B, to find the career and life you really want.

 The information Tess shares, helped me to understand that this wasn't My Fault. That the feelings of betrayal, and despair were normal.
  I'm rethinking what it means to be "Job Searching" into more of a Job Redefining.  I want to find that place where I belong, and my new found skills from my last employer can be utilized in a way that is more rewarding to Me, while I'm more beneficial to my employer. 
  Who knows... maybe my new vocation will be something I develop completely on my own.

 Wish me luck... Nah, WISH me STRENGTH!  As I embark on the next adventure in my life here in East Run.
 
 Here is a link to Leap... I highly recommend you read it.  Even if you aren't contemplating a job change.  Because, you never know when your job might change away from you.

 https://www.tessvigeland.com/

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment