Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Day On My Own in THE VALLEY

Today is unusual for me.  I'm on my own here at the house and in "THE VALLEY".
 I dropped JP off at the Pittsburgh Airport yesterday afternoon.  He is gone to the west coast to be the technician for a 4 concert Pianola Concert with the world famous pianolist Bob Berkman. They will be at the new Museum of Automatic Music in phoenix and the Ethno Music archives at UCLA.
 For some of you reading this, You already know, It is usually myself who does all the traveling for work.  But the tables are turned for one week.
 I'm here to take care of improtant things around Farnsworth House for the entire week.
 This morning I was up at 5:30am because a certain Golden Retriever (Kirby the Wonder Dog of East Run) was ready for the day to begin.  The first order of the morning was to get myself a cup of coffee...  Oh.. no,  strike that... the first order of business for this morning was Kirby's breakfast.  He made sure I didn't forget how he likes his breakfast served...  BEFOR anything else happens around here.
 It is raining again.....  the yard is starting to look like a marsh, with hay growing in it. If it doesn't dry out soon, I will have to ask Uncle Bob to come over with his tractor and hay baler to take care of it.
If there is a sliver lining to the rain clouds, it must be that the cooler weather has allowed the flowers in the gardens to last a longer than usual.  The tulips seemed to last forever this spring, and the Iris are about to open and should put on a beautiful display.


 I would like to get one of the antique cars out for some exercise, but not in the rain.  I suppose this week would be a good time to get back involved with the 1928 Franklin convertable project.  After all the ground is way too wet to play in the garden.
 I think that is about all there is on my mind for this morning.
 Now that I'm actually going to try and report on the daily activities here in East Run....  I will try to do a better job of posting to this blog.  Blogging and the computer world are so foreign to me...  I ask that you bare with me during my "learning phase".  I keep hitting the spell check button at the top and it doesn't show any mis-spelled words.... and I know that can't be correct...  I have the worst spelling of anyone I know.
 So, I ask you to read this with an open mind and generous heart.
 Until next time,
   W.W. III

No comments:

Post a Comment