Friday, May 20, 2011

Rain Rain Go Away !!!!...

It has been raining "pitch forks and hoe handles" to quote a dear old friend of mine....
 The yard is soggy like a wet sponge, and I can't even think of getting the vegetable garden tilled and prepped for planting. 
 I couldn't hold out any longer and went to the local nursery for bedding flowers and tomato plants with my friend Trixy.  She is always up for the adventure of plant shopping... or "plant hunting" when we take our shovels and baskets out into the woods looking for ferns, hemlocks, stray daffodils on abandoned old farm sites, or any other interesting vegetation we deem suitable to be moved into our own gardens.  Unfortunately, Trixy is VERY VERY susceptible to poison ivy.  The last time we went into the woods to dig up copious amounts of daffodils...  Trixy came down with such a bad case of poison ivy on her hands, she had to be taken to the hospital and given a shot that would ease the swelling and blistering.  I think her husband is leery of me now,  when I show up with shovel and baskets in hand...  "Honey, remember to wear your gloves, and look out for poison ivy" is usually what he calls out behind us as we run off in a sea of laughter wafting out of the windows of Trixy's big Red 4 wheel drive Jeep Wrangler...

 HEY !!!  I think the sun is trying to come out !!!!!   I have to run...
 Will fill you in on how the day goes a little later...
    

No comments:

Post a Comment